Friday, August 29, 2008

Productivity and being watched

A thing I noticed is that I am way more productive when I'm working directly with someone. If I'm sitting side to side I don't take all the long way to get somewhere. This person wants results, and wants them now. It amazes me how fast and productive I can be then. Results also motive me a great deal, encourage me to carry on.

I guess I tend to wander off sometimes while working. I discover a problem or something that can be improve. I dive into that. Soon I find something else interesting. It's a recursive process. In the end overall progress is slow.

It's just me being like this though. It's all within myself so I should be able to force myself to work faster and more goal oriented to achieve great results.

It's not also good to take the shortest route though. This usually means using things I already know instead of learning something new. And I tend to make shortcuts and make unclean solutions. That's great for quickly having something tangible but not so great so long lasting quality results. The ideal way would be in the middle somewhere.

No comments: