Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Criticizing is easy, doing is hard

Sometimes I fall into the trap of overly criticizing and asking annoying questions to people who are presenting their work. It's very easy to spot that little grey dot on a white piece of paper. Harder it is to create something completely clean and spotless. And how annoying it is when you've put a lot of effort into something and people only whine about the few little things that are not 100% perfect.

The best solution to participate and do the work yourself. You're not going to heavily criticize yourself. And it shows the reasons why things are not perfect, because it's hard to achieve.

That's why I'm happy with the suggestion of my manager to participate in some of the handover meetings we've been having. I was asking a lot of critical questions, because I like doing that. It's to test my own knowledge and I also like to be right. But only being critical is not the way to go. I'll be more careful.

No comments: